People in Lubbock are asking what CBD is used for?
Short for “cannabidiol,” CBD is a common chemical compound found in a class called “cannabinoids” that naturally occur in cannabis plants. Although discovered almost 80 years ago, CBD is just now booming in popularity as a natural, safe and holistic health aid — and for good reason. Following are some of the uses and benefits of CBD:
- Helps treat diseases such as glaucoma, epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease
- Reduces risk of diabetes and obesity
- Improves cholesterol and lowers risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduces risk of certain types of cancer
- Helps maintain brain health and creates resilience to trauma and degeneration
- Helps prevent nerve-related diseases like neuropathy and Alzheimer’s disease
- Relieves pain, including headaches and body aches
- Protects against bone disease and broken bones
- Protects and heals the skin (including acne)
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent throughout the body
- Reduces anxiety, stress and depression
Did you know that CBD also offers specific health benefits for women?
When it comes to women’s health, there’s no faster growing product in the world than CBD! Just some of the health benefits CBD offers women include:
- Alleviates PMS symptoms. By interacting with the receptors in our endocannabinoid system – the biological system that affects our central nervous system, including the brain – CBD can alleviate many PMS symptoms such as cramps, mood swings, stress, anxiety, bloating, fatigue, constipation and more.
- Helps manage hormonal imbalance. Research shows that CBD helps regulate the secretion of cortisol, the stress activating hormone. By influencing the regulation of hormones, CBD acts as a preventative measure against hormonal imbalance that can cause menstrual irregularity, weight gain, mood swings, and even hair loss.
- Enhances your beauty regime. Loaded with nutrient-rich, all-natural properties, CBD is the ultimate addition to your beauty regime! From anti-aging serums to stress-reducing supplements, CBD products have become the latest craze in the beauty world.
- Promotes healthy digestion. Studies also find that CBD can help regulate digestion and modulate bowel movements — in addition to alleviating symptoms associated with bloating, cramping, inflammation and nausea.
- Reduces anxiety and improves sleep quality. CBD is known to boost signaling through serotonin receptors, thereby reducing anxiety. By reducing anxiety, CBD in turn helps to decrease sleep difficulties, including insomnia, even for those with chronic pain.
Will CBD make me high like marijuana?
- The miniscule amount of THC contained in CBD — less than 0.3% — is not enough to get one high. This fact, along with the tremendous medical benefits provided by CBD, is the reason why CBD is today one of the fastest growing natural medical treatment options in the U.S. and across the globe.
Is CBD legal in Texas?
YES! In May, 2019, the Texas Senate unanimously approved House Bill 1325 that legalizes hemp and hemp-derived extracts including CBD as long as they contain no more than 0.3% of THC, the psychoactive compound found in marijuana. This bill provides a huge boost to Texas farmers who can benefit economically — and consumers who can now legally benefit from the natural healing effects of CBD.
Where can I purchase CBD if I don’t have a CBD retailer close to me in Lubbock?
The larger cities in Texas – including Dallas, San Antonio, Austin and Houston – are already seeing a steady increase in CBD retailers where you can purchase a variety of CBD products.
If there is not a CBD retailer close to you in Lubbock, your best bet is to purchase from a credible online store like ours at Texas CBD Emporium. We offer a wide array of CBD products from some of the best CBD makers out there! From tinctures and edibles — to vape liquids, topical body products and even CBD water — we offer the best selection of products available and we’re always here to help!
Stay tuned to this website for more information, education and product news on all things CBD-related in Texas!