People in Midland are asking what forms CBD comes in?
Short for “cannabidiol,” CBD is the common chemical compound found in “cannabinoids” that naturally occurs in cannabis plants. Unlike marijuana, CBD does not provide a “high” due to its minute amount of THC (less than 0.3%). As a result, a growing number of clinical studies among physicians and scientists show that CBD is a safe, natural and effective product to help treat a wide array of medical issues.
What forms does CBD come in?
CBD comes in a wide variety of forms in order to satisfy the varying needs of users and patients. These include:
- CBD Oil: The most popular form, CBD oil is extracted from the whole plant using a variety of solvents. CBD oil can be consumed directly or in capsules to be taken like regular pills. In addition, CBD oil is often mixed into different food items such as smoothies, or baked into edibles.
- CBD Tinctures: Tinctures are alcohol or vegetable glycerin-based extracts that tend to be less concentrated than oil. Tinctures are normally found in dropper bottles and come in many different concentrations. A tincture can be taken through a dropper directly into the mouth or mixed into food or a beverage. Much like oil, tinctures are a good option for patients who need doses throughout the day when they may be in a more public setting than their homes.
- CBD Topical Products: Topical products are applied directly to the skin and provide anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties that are particularly helpful to people who suffer from conditions such as arthritic joint pain or muscle aches.
- CBD Vaporizing: Vaporizing allows for the effects of the medication to be felt quickly, without the adverse effects that can come with smoking. This form of CBD use is particularly helpful when you need fast-acting relief from pain and inflammation.
- CBD Sublingual Spray: Sublingual sprays are concentrated tinctures that are sprayed under the tongue. Sublingual sprays are discreet and allow for a patient to have a choice of different CBD ratios depending on what symptoms they’re trying to target or the time of day they’re using it.
Will CBD make me high like marijuana?
- The miniscule amount of THC contained in CBD — less than 0.3% — is not enough to get one high. This fact, along with the tremendous medical benefits provided by CBD, is the reason why CBD is today one of the fastest growing natural medical treatment options in the U.S. and across the globe.
Is CBD legal in Texas?
YES. In May, 2019, the Texas Senate unanimously approved House Bill 1325 that legalizes hemp and hemp-derived extracts including CBD as long as they contain no more than 0.3%. This bill provides a huge boost to Texas farmers — and to consumers who can now legally benefit from the natural healing effects of CBD.
Where can I purchase CBD if I don’t have a CBD retailer close to me in Midland?
The larger cities in Texas – including Dallas, San Antonio, Austin and Houston – are already seeing a steady increase in CBD retailers where you can purchase a variety of CBD products.
If there is not a CBD retailer close to you in Midland, your best bet is to purchase from a credible online store like ours at Texas CBD Emporium. We offer a wide array of CBD products from some of the best CBD makers out there! From tinctures and edibles — to vape liquids, topical body products and even CBD water — we offer the best selection of products available and we’re always here to help!
Stay tuned to this website for more information, education and product news on all things CBD-related in Texas!