People in Texarkana are asking how much CBD they should take?
Short for “cannabidiol,” CBD is the common chemical compound found in “cannabinoids” that naturally occurs in cannabis plants. Unlike marijuana, CBD does not provide a “high” due to its miniscule amount of THC (less than 0.3%). As a result, a growing number of clinical studies among physicians and scientists show that CBD is a safe, natural and effective product to help treat a wide array of medical conditions, including:
- Glaucoma, epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease
- Diabetes and obesity
- Cholesterol and risk of cardiovascular disease
- Certain types of cancer
- Nerve-related diseases like neuropathy and Alzheimer’s disease
- Bone disease and broken bones
- Skin conditions such as acne
- Pain and inflammation throughout the body
- Depression, anxiety and panic disorders, including OCD, PTSD and social phobia
How do I know what type of CBD product is best for me?
Determining the type of CBD that’s best for you depends on your needs and lifestyle. There are a number of forms of CBD, including softgel capsules, tinctures, edibles, and under –the-tongue sprays. Some forms of CBD can also be applied directly to the skin, in the form of products such as creams, lotions and salves. Following is a breakdown of the three most common categories of available CBD products:
- Ingestibles, including tinctures or drops; capsules; cooking oil, bottled water with nano-sized CBD particles; sprays and spritzers; dissolvable powders; and CBD edibles such as gummies, brownies and cookies
- Smokables, including eLiquids and vape cartridges (similar to an e-cigarette)
- Topicals, including transdermal patches with CBD (like a nicotine patch), salves, balms, lotions, shampoos, soaps and bath bombs infused with CBD
How much CBD should I use?
Just like with any medication, how much CBD you use depends on an array of different factors, including age, gender, and weight – and, of course, the ailment you’re treating. Also as with any medication, we urge everyone to consult with a physician before beginning a CBD regimen. In addition, you can always feel free to ask our experts at Texas CBD Emporium for our recommendations.
It’s also essential to keep in mind that while CBD is a natural treatment and produces few to no side effects with most people, it’s especially important to consult with your physician if you’re already taking a prescription drug in order to ensure a safe interaction. With that said, following are some examples of common ailments and forms of CBD that are typically used.
- Anxiety: Oral supplements one to three times per day, plus a vape pen as needed.
- Arthritic pain: Oral supplements one to three times per day, plus topical as needed.
- Sleep disorders: Oral supplement a few hours before bedtime.
- Glaucoma: One daily sublingual (under the tongue) dose per day.
- Acne: Lotion or cream once or twice daily.
Again, the specific dose will depend on several factors (i.e. age, gender, weight). In most cases, it’s best to begin with smaller doses and increase as needed. Also keep in mind that many people benefit from a variety of forms and delivery methods.
Will CBD make me high like marijuana?
- The miniscule amount of THC contained in CBD — less than 0.3% — is not enough to get one high. This fact, along with the tremendous medical benefits provided by CBD, is the reason why CBD is today one of the fastest growing natural medical treatment options in the U.S. and across the globe.
Is CBD legal in Texas?
YES. In May, 2019, the Texas Senate unanimously approved House Bill 1325 that legalizes hemp and hemp-derived extracts including CBD as long as they contain no more than 0.3%. This bill provides a huge boost to Texas farmers — and to consumers who can now legally benefit from the natural healing effects of CBD.
Where can I purchase CBD if I don’t have a CBD retailer close to me in Texarkana?
The larger cities in Texas – including Dallas, San Antonio, Austin and Houston – are already seeing a steady increase in CBD retailers where you can purchase a variety of CBD products.
If there is not a CBD retailer close to you in Texarkana, your best bet is to purchase from a credible online store like ours at Texas CBD Emporium. We offer a wide array of CBD products from some of the best CBD makers out there! From tinctures and edibles — to vape liquids, topical body products and even CBD water — we offer the best selection of products available and we’re always here to help!
Stay tuned to this website for more information, education and product news on all things CBD-related in Texas!