Will CBD oil make me high?
CBD, which is short for “cannabidiol,” is a common chemical compound found in a class called “cannabinoids” that naturally occur in cannabis plants. Both hemp and marijuana plants fall into the cannabis family. But don’t let the connection to marijuana confuse you, because CBD is much different than marijuana, especially when it comes to one important question that many consumers ask…
Will CBD make me high like marijuana?
- The miniscule amount of THC contained in CBD — less than 0.3% — is not enough to get one high. This fact, along with the tremendous medical benefits provided by CBD, is the reason why CBD is today one of the fastest growing natural medical treatment options in the U.S. and across the globe.
What are the forms of CBD oil and how do I take it?
There are a number of forms of CBD oil, including softgel capsules, tinctures, and under –the-tongue sprays. Some forms of CBD oil can also be applied directly to the skin, in the form of products such as creams, lotions and salves.
What are the medical benefits of CBD?
According to the World Health Organization, CBD, which is used for people of all ages – including children – offers a wide range of benefits for both mental and physical health. These benefits include:
- Helps treat diseases such as glaucoma, epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease
- Reduces risk of diabetes and obesity
- Improves cholesterol and lowers risk of cardiovascular disease
- Reduces risk of certain types of cancer
- Helps maintain brain health and creates resilience to trauma and degeneration
- Helps prevent nerve-related diseases like neuropathy and Alzheimer’s disease
- Protects against bone disease and broken bones
- Protects and heals the skin (including acne)
- Acts as an anti-inflammatory agent throughout the body
- Reduces anxiety, stress and depression
CBD oil is also known to promote sounder sleep — and it’s even safe for pets when used as directed!
Are there any side effects of CBD oil?
Research indicates that CBD oil is very safe for most people, but there may be cases where it does cause minor side effects, including slight nausea and drowsiness. Also, if you’re currently on prescription drugs, it’s important to consult with your physician to ensure its safe interaction with those drugs. Again, however, CBD oil in all its forms is generally considered to be a very safe, non-addictive and natural health aid.
Is CBD legal in Texas?
YES. In May, 2019, the Texas Senate unanimously approved House Bill 1325 that legalizes hemp and hemp-derived extracts including CBD as long as they contain no more than 0.3% of THC. This bill provides a huge financial boost to Texas farmers who can now legally grow hemp — and to consumers who can now legally benefit from the natural healing effects of CBD.
Stay tuned to this website for more information, education and product news on all things CBD-related in Texas!